Raidne (Intermission)


 INTERMISSION


"Ok, try again.  right before I sing, I feel shivers in my spine.  You ever feel that?" Raidne asked.


"Yeah, the first time I heard you sing, and I couldn't talk."


Raidne shoved him gently.  "I'm serious."

"So am I."


"When I get really angry, I feel ... something deep in my core, right where my abs are."


"Ok, good!  Focus on that, and try to bring the flames out."


Yarrow scrunched his face in attention.  A small blue flame touched his skin, and immediately, both of them smelled charred flesh.


"Damn!" Yarrow shouted, shaking his hand.  This time, the burn looked pretty bad.

"Too bad you can't just magic up my ability to figure this out." Yarrow said, as Raidne turned on the cold water in the sink for him.


"Why can't I?"


Yarrow grinned evilly


Raidne removed and dropped her coat, spread her wings and sang.


🎵 You have to believe we are magic.  Nothing can stand in our way. 🎵

🎵 You have to believe we are magic.  Don't let your aim ever stray. 🎵


Her eyes glowed.  Yarrow felt a shiver down his spine as she sang.


🎵 And if all your hopes survive, Destiny will arrive 🎵

🎵 and bring all your dreams alive for you 🎵


Raidne nodded at him.


"I feel it!  It's like a shiver up my spine and into my skull!"


Yarrow grinned, pushing his outstreched hands into opposite positions toward the target dummy.  "Shakunetsu Hadōken!" he shouted.


Radine laughed, but stopped short, watching the intense heat propelled from Yarrow's outstretched arms, traveling lazily to the target dummy.  The thing fell backwards, a plastic and rubber mess billowing acrid black smoke.


Yarrow stood dumbly, shocked.


Raidne coughed


The smoke alarm went off.


"We should have done this outside." Raidne said, flatly.R


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raidne (Part III)

Cylinders

Sensurround's Keto Recipes: Nyquist Chicken Tenderloins